Saint Claret College is owned and served by the Claretian Formation Association of North East India, a registered charitable society (S/R CLAONEI-531/88 of 1988) of the North East Independent Delegation of Claretian Missionaries.
The Order of Claretian Missionaries (also called the Missionary Sons of the Immaculate Heart of Mary—Cordis Mariae Filii) was founded by Saint Anthony Mary Claret on July 16, 1849 in Spain. Currently headquartered in Rome, the Order has 3000+ Claretians serving in 64 countries. Fired by love for God and humanity, they serve the pastoral, spiritual, socio-cultural and educational needs of the people, especially those on the margins of the society.
In India, there are over 600 Claretians ministering in 16 states. They serve the poor and the marginalized through pastoral and spiritual care, formal and non-formal educational programs, care for the leprosy-affected, drug addicts, AIDS patients, ex-prisoners, the blind, the differentially abled, tribals and dalits. They run more than 30 educational institutions which include schools, colleges and other institutes of higher education.